The Festival Division (Fall)
consists of 20-40 select performers who will participate in intense
rehearsals to perform and be
adjudicated at The
Junior Theater Festival held
in Atlanta, Georgia.
This select group of performers will also attend a weekend of
led by some of the best Broadway
Performers and Casting Directors in the
- Generally, rehearsals will be held on Saturdays 1-4 PM, and Wednesdays 7-9 PM
- Rehearsals will generally be held 3 Saturdays per month and every other Wednesday from late September through mid-January.
- Please be aware that attendance is EXTREMELY important, and cast members will not be permitted to miss more than TWO REHEARSALS total. All conflicts must be submitted at auditions, so please bring your calendar and a printed out list of conflicts.
- All December and January rehearsals will be mandatory as we will be in final preparations for the JTF.
- All Festival Division cast members will be required to attend the Junior Theater Festival in Atlanta, GA. This festival will be held January 18 – 21 2019 at The Cobb Galleria Center.
- Selected cast members will perform a 15 minute excerpt from the selected show before Broadway Professionals for adjudication.
- Selected Cast Members will be required to attend the Ensemble Workshop scheduled (2) Sundays per season
* Performers who are selected for The Festival Division
of The Lopez Conservatory Program
will automatically be admitted
into The Main Stage but
will still be required to audition again for cast placement.
* Cast Members younger than 18 MUST
be accompanied by a registered parent or chaperone 18 years old or older who will be required to attend the Workshop portion of JTF.
FESTIVAL (Workshop Only)
A limited number of parents, siblings, interested performers, and students not participating in adjudication may register for the trip and attend the workshop portion of the Junior Theater Festival Contact our office
for details and instructions on how to register.
The Junior Theater Festival
The Junior Theater Festival (JTF) is a weekend dedicated to celebrating young people and musical theater. Produced by iTheaterics and Theater of the Stars, JTF brings students, teachers, and Broadway Professionals together under one roof to celebrate outstanding student musical theater productions. Events include adjudication, workshops for students, professional development for directors, Broadway Celebrities, a New Works Showcase, and Awards Ceremony. The Festival has become a must attend musical theater event and has even served as the launch for Disney's High School Musical and NBC's "Smash"